Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day Nineteen: Who Needs Cars, Anyways?

This afternoon, I hiked up to Walgreens for newspapers rather than digging the car out.  Figured get some exercise and kill two birds with one stone! 

My local Walgreens has frequently commented that the new week's prices start at 2pm on Saturday so I thought I'd give that a try since it would be less busy than usual due to the weather.  It did not work, unfortunately, but they allowed me to set my basket aside for retrieval first thing in the morning when the new deals are on (it is not a 24-hour store).  Bought my newspapers using register rewards and picked some up for a friend so she could hide from the weather for a little longer. 

The deals posted in yesterday's link are confirmed.  This is going to be a GREAT week for free stuff and register rewards at Walgreens!  There are a couple of deals that ping-pong nicely so I will be making 4 transactions tomorrow.  Hopefully they will get more Joint Juice in, they only had 2 boxes and I was hoping to pick up 4 as the men in the group could sure use some. 

Don't forget that tomorrow is the last day of the month and many coupons will be expiring, including the Diabetes & You coupon book, sadly.  It will be exciting to see what new deals come up in February!

1 comment: